Change size or type of node points?
Hi Cinelerrans, it's been an alarmingly long time since I got back here... 😯
I was wondering if there is a way to increase the size of the editing node points for the various automation methods. I use Fade automations all the time and the tiny pink node points often are not caught by my mouse and I either can't get the node to move or else I end up moving the Video track and having to Undo. I see there are facilities to change the color but nothing to change the size or shape of the node points. I love Cin-GG and am a long time fan and Distributor but mis-clicking on these node points is a big source of frustration especially on projects where I'm manipulating Fades on 6-10 tracks.
You have to be precise in placing the cursor over the point to delete, sometimes it is better to left click the point to position the playhead over it first.
Also don't forget that if the track isn't armed you can't remove (or add) node points. Something I often get caught out over when working with multiple tracks and spot a phantom point, obviously accidentally added by me, and it won't delete until I realise I need to arm the track, because I am not working on that track at the time! 😊
If you change the color from the default of pink to white, it is also easier to see. You do this in the Window pulldown Show Overlays and in that window click on the colored circle on the right hand side and the color wheel comes up for you to change.
Like said from Phyllis you can not change the size of the Autos (keyframes) icons.
You can delete an Autos (keyframe), or more, following the steps:
- arm the track where you want to delete Autos (keyframes)
- in the main window, click on "Cut and Paste editing mode" (the I-beam icon)
- on the timeline highlight the area where your keyframe(s) are
- Shift+X shortcut to delete them
Pay attemption if there are Plugin Keyframes in the same highlight area because they will be delete toghether with Autos.
In this case you can UNcheck the Plugin Keyframes on the Overlay window to delete ONLY Autos.
To change the value of the Autos Fade (the Y position only) follow the steps:
- arm the track where you want to change the value of the Fade keyframe
- in the Patchbay click on the arrow on the right of the Track's name to expand the track, so you can see the slider
- in the main window check that "Generate keyframes while tweeking (j)" is disabled
- in the timeline, move the cursor position (Insertion Point) to the right of the Fade keyframe, before the next keyframe (between the two keyframes)
- in the Patchbay, move the slider to change the Fade value: it will only change the value of the Fade keyframe before of the "Insertion point"
I am sorry for my useless workarounds.
I want to remember that there are two type of Autos keyframe: Bezier and Linear mode.
The first one use a diamond icon, the second one use a square icon.